Good Morning, Princess | Breakfast Recipe
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Start off your day with the right breakfast and your body will thank you for the rest!
For friends who’s eaten with me, they all know I really really love eggs. I can eat them at any time, in any style. And of course if I could only have one food for the rest of my life, I would pick eggs..! When I eat breakfast, I almost always have eggs. Even when I have yogurt with granola, I’ll fry up a sunny side up. That brings us to our breakfast recipe today!
I’m sure you’ve heard of sunny side up, over easy, boiled, poached, baked and other styles of eggs, but this one is quite a combination! Have you heard of pancakes without carbs? Well, here’s a recipe for full of protein and nutrients pancakes! I first heard about it through a floor mate in my second year of university. Now this has become one of my favorite breakfast recipes because it is so simple to make yet so delicious and healthy. Here’s how to make the perfect flour-free banana pancake!
- 2 Small eggs OR 1 Large egg
- 1 Banana
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- First mash up the banana with a fork. The creamier the mash is, the smoother the pancake will turn out.
Tip: Riper bananas are not only easier to mash up but also sweeter.
- Then add the eggs in and mix well.
- Now it’s time to add a tiny pinch of salt and cinnamon to your personal preference!
- Since I didn’t have any cinnamon, I only added a pinch of salt to bring out the sweetness in the banana
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and pour in about a table-spoon full of cooking oil
- When the oil is hot, pour in the banana egg batter
- If you mixed the batter well, the pancake will have small bubbles rising when one side is ready. (Just like the real pancakes!)
- Flip! Cook! and you’re done!
Did you know: Bananas contain high levels of tryptophan which induces happier moods and helps with depression. Also, having a banana in the morning helps with memory as well!
I topped the plate off with some strawberries and a spoonful of almond butter, and enjoyed my breakfast with some magazines. Sometimes I even put on a face mask to pamper myself!
As you might have noticed, this is a shorter post comparing to the past Good Morning, Princess Series, and that is because we have so much planned for you for Christmas.
This concludes our first Good Morning, Princess Series. I hope you guys enjoyed it and got some ideas on how you’re going to make yourself feel like a princess on a lazy weekend!
-Little Ms. Everything
See other posts on the same series, Previous Post: DIY Exfoliate and Masks